Sifting through all of the amazing deals on Amazon Prime day can be daunting task. Here is a your shopping guide to help you grab the best deals and not get overwhelmed! This post contains affiliate links.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime day started in 2015 to celebrate Amazon’s 20 year anniversary. Since then it’s become an annual celebration with extraordinary deals and product launches – available only for Amazon Prime members.
When is it?
Historically Amazon Prime Day is held in July. However, this year’s Global Pandemic has pushed it forward to Oct 13th – 14th. That’s right, two days beginning Tuesday October 13th at exactly 12:00 am PST for the next 48 hours. The timing is perfect to take advantage of massive sales just ahead of Black Friday to get you ready for all of your Holiday shopping.
Do I need to be an Amazon Prime member?
Yes! In order to take advantage of the best deals you need a Prime Membership.
If you aren’t already an Amazon Prime member you can sign up for your free 30 day trial here. You can take advantage of Prime day deals and then cancel before your trial is up. Your other options are to continue your membership for $12.99/mo. Or you can pay an annual fee of $119.
If you are a student you can get a free 6 month trial to Prime Student and pay only $6.49/mo if you choose to continue with the membership.
If you qualify for select U.S Government Assistance programs (such as holders of the EBT card) you can sign up for a free 30 day trial here and pay just $5.99/mo.
What are the benefits of being an Amazon Prime member?
- Expedited shipping: 2 day delivery, 1 day, Same day and even 2 hour delivery (in select cities).
- Unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows
- Unlimited streaming of over 2 million songs, thousands of stations and playlists all ad-free.
- Unlimited cloud photo storage, 5GB of videos and other files
- Whole Foods Market grocery delivery, weekly deals and 10% off select products.
- There is so much more. The fee is well worth the benefits of being a Prime member. Read the entire list here.
What are the best Prime Day Deals?
Typically we find out what is on sale or how deeply it is discounted when the sale goes live. However, sales usually follow trends.
Amazon devices like Kindle, Echo, Fire TV & Fire Tablets are expected to have the best deals.
Amazon Services have great offers. All of these offers you can cancel online anytime.
Audible – free 30 day trial + 2 free audio books. $7.99/mo after trial.
Annual Audible membership – 12 credits up front for $99.50 (usually $149.50/yr)
Amazon Music Unlimited – 4 months for 99c.
Amazon Music 6 months free – when you buy an Echo
Kindle Unlimited – 30 day free trial
Amazon Freetime Unlimited – 30 day free trial (access to over 16,000 kid friendly books, videos and apps)
Amazon Essentials – up to 40% off
Echo 5 – $
89.99 –> $44.99 – Perfect for the kitchen counter or your nightstand.
Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 Instant Camera – $
69.95 –> $59.95 a favorite gift to receive by kids of all ages. Comes in 5 different colors.
Fire HD 10 Tablet – $
149.99 –> $79.99 – great for streaming movies, watching videos, read books. Download your favorite apps and enjoy.
55-inch Smart 4K UHD – Fire TV – $
429.99 –> $289.99
Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus with Echo Show 5 – $
319.98 –> $169.99
Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa – $
Prime Early Access Deals – more early access deals here!
How do I shop Amazon Prime Day?
- Sign up for Amazon Prime membership free 30 day trial here.
- Create your wishlist – download the Amazon app and set up a wishlist with the option to get alerts when things go live. Think of everyone you need to buy gifts for the holiday season.
- Don’t buy anything you don’t need or don’t have a person in mind to gift it to! Prime Day can be overwhelming but with a list in hand you can score some great deals.
- Have fun and leave me a comment on what you bought!
Leave a Reply